What we may collect
However, we will never use any kinds of automated tools and techniques for collecting your personal or business information on this website. Any information that uniquely identified you on this website (such as your name, business, contact number, address, email address, credit card details, or other information related to your personal or business profile) will be collected only when you voluntarily submit or share this information to:
- Register on the website/service
- Submit a request for any kind of benchmark, analysis, review, rating, or listing of your business, products, or services on trustworthiness, reputation, quality, skill sets, or other relevant parameters to your business.
- Send messages or request price quotes from the top-rated or the most suitable companies related to your project
- Purchase or place your order for any product or service being offered by the shortlisted companies/businesses or the listed service providers.
- Subscribe to newsletters or any other service being offered by Corporatepedia or the Collaborating Partners.
- Register your complaints or submit your feedback regarding any service being offered on this website.
- Contact our customer support executives to resolve any issue related to the Service being offered on this website.
- Participate in promotional surveys, contests, or campaigns related to the Service being offered on the website.
You may be required to submit additional information such as certification and partnerships, handled projects and technical expertise, experience, efficiency and cost-effectiveness, client’s detail, and other business matrices for getting your company ranked and listed on the website. When you submit any kind of identifiable information on this website, it shall be deemed that the submitted information is accurate, complete, and updated, and you will keep it that way during the entire course of your agreement with Corporatepedia.
When you submit any kinds of identifiable information on behalf of your company/organization or third parties, it shall be deemed that you are fully authorized to submit such information in relation to the Service being offered on this website, and if you are not, take your personal responsibility to fulfill your obligations under this agreement, including the liabilities that may arise from your infringement of third party rights.
Corporatepedia reserves a right to delete any information or submitted content that is infringing or likely to violate others’ privacy rights.
When you access www.corporatepedia.com or use the Service on this website or the websites of its collaborating partners, we may collect certain non-identifiable information pertaining to your system configuration and browsing behavior (collectively referred to as User Data).
System-related statistical data includes information about your operating system, browser type, device type, Internet Service Provider, top-level domain name, server name, and other configuration parameters of your computer or mobile device/app being used to access or use the Service. This kind of non-identifiable information can be very crucial for resolving technical issues, improving the features/services on the website, and delivering the Service in a hassle-free manner.
Browsing behavior data pertain to certain non-identifiable information regarding your use of the Service such as the time you spent on the website, pages that you visited, ads/links that you clicked, features/services that attracted you, and products, services, or information that you searched for. Your browsing behavior reveals information about your preferences and requirements, which can be very useful for improving your overall experience with the Service.
These automated tools and techniques enable us to track your presence on the website, facilitate the use of Service in a hassle-free manner and eliminate the need for repeatedly entering the same profile information for using any service on the website of our collaborating partners.
Please acknowledge that Corporatepedia may use Google Analytics or other third-party research and benchmarking services that may be employing their own cookies, web beacons, and related technologies to collect your personal information in relation to ad serving or services offered or otherwise made available on this website.
When you access this website or use any third-party service being offered on this website or the websites of its collaborating partners, it shall be deemed as your consent to accept third party cookies and other tools and techniques that may collect your identifiable or non-identifiable information in relation to their services.
If you are not comfortable in sharing User Data with Corporatepedia, its Collaborating Partners, or other third-party service providers, you may disable our/third party cookies by changing the default configuration setting of your web browser or using add-ons/apps that block cookies and tracking tools. However, you should understand that cookies are very instrumental in delivering the Service, and disabling them may prevent you from using certain features on the website or you may not be able to use the Service at all.
How we may use your Personal Information
Subject to your consent, Corporatepedia will use your personal information for:
- Registering you on the website/Service.
- Verifying your business data/matrices, obtaining direct feedback from your clients, and ranking your business, product, or service on this website.
- Helping you find the most suitable or top-ranked businesses/companies capable of handling your projects.
- Helping you to simultaneously reach five top-ranking/shortlisted companies and request price quotes or estimates from them.
- Facilitating the delivery of requested information, products, or services in a hassle-free manner.
- Following up on your previous requests and ensuring that the Collaborating Partners and third-party service providers take your requests seriously, and respond to your requests.
- Keeping you informed about the competitive products and services in your market segment and/or your rating /ranking on this website.
- Facilitating the delivery of newsletters/information on best-performing companies and other promotional materials/exclusive offers on behalf of the Collaborating Partners or other third parties. However, you may opt-out of our email subscription to stop receiving such newsletters and promotional offers.
- Improving this website, providing customer support, and delivering unmatched Service.
- Complying with legal or regulatory requirements and resolving any kinds of legal or commercial complaints or problems.
- Collaborating with rating agencies, service providers, financial institutions, professional advisors, suppliers, and other third parties or managing your relationship with the listed businesses or complying with their requirements.
- Analyzing, researching, and compiling user data for website optimization and other internal purposes.
Sharing and Disclosure
Corporatepedia will never do anything that compromises your privacy on this website. We will never sell, lease, or rent your personal information for direct marketing unless you have given your consent for receiving special offers and deals from the third party marketing companies. If you have already given your consent for direct marketing, you can revoke your consent at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such commercial messages or emails.
Corporatepedia reserves a right to share your personal information with the collaborating partners, review and rating agencies, professional advisors, or third parties in the following circumstances:
- Improving the Service: subject to your privacy rights, Corporatepedia may share your personal information or business profile/metrics with its collaborating partners or other third parties and facilitate the top-ranking/most suitable businesses to offer exclusive deals and deliver unmatched service.
- Fulfilling your Requests: when you submit a request for getting your business, products, or services reviewed and rated on this website, request price quotes from the top-rated/most suitable businesses to handle your project, or respond to any such request, Corporatepedia may share your personal information or business profile/metrics with its collaborating partners, rating agencies, professional advisors or other service providers relevant to your request, and ensure that requested information, price quote, or product/service is delivered in a hassle-free manner.
- Business Promotions: Corporatepedia and its collaborating partners or the listed businesses may organize surveys, contests, or other promotional campaigns to promote their products and services or keep you informed about their suitability to handle your projects. In case you participate in such events, you may be required to submit your personal information to participate, get notified, or receive rewards/deals related to the offer. However, we shall not be liable for any subsequent violation of your privacy rights.
- Direct Marketing: No direct marketing will be carried out unless you have given your consent to receive promotional offers from third-party companies. Even if you decide to receive promotional ads or exclusive offers, we will take all feasible precautions to ensure that your personal information remains secure. However, we shall not be liable for any subsequent violations. You may revoke your permission to receive promotional offers at any time.
- Collaborating with Service Providers: Corporatepedia reserves a right to share your personal information with third-party rating agencies, professional advisors, financial institutions, marketing researchers, or other service providers for evaluating your business, researching, analyzing and improving the Service, offering value-added services, conducting online surveys, organizing contests, provide valuable information/newsletters about the most suitable/top-rated companies to handle your projects, or performing other internal processes to smoothly run this website.
- Other conditions: Corporatepedia may share/disclose your personal information when it believes that such sharing or disclose is necessary for:
- Protecting its business/legal rights.
- Preventing unauthorized/unlawful activities on the website.
- Complying with governmental/regulatory authorities, investigating agencies, or court orders.
- Facilitating the transfer of ownership in case of a merger or sale of its business.
When sharing your personal information with the collaborating partners or other third parties, Corporatepedia will ensure that no personal information is shared except what is necessary for such third parties to perform their services or required under the laws.
The collaborating partners and the participating rating agencies, professional advisors, or service providers will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information or business profile/metrics, and we will take every feasible step to ensure the confidentiality of your submitted data/information on this website/Service, but Corporatepedia shall not be liable for any subsequent violation of your privacy rights by such third parties. The collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies, and you should carefully review their terms and policies before using any third party service.
When feasible, all kinds of user data shall be aggregated and made anonymous before sharing with the collaborating partners and other third parties.
Your personal information is the most valuable asset we have. We will implement every feasible safeguard (physical, electronic and procedural) to ensure that your personal information remains adequately protected against any kinds of unauthorized access, interference, misuse, loss, modification, or disclosure. Your communications and transactions on this website will be secured using industry-standard SSL encryption.
However, your personal information may be transmitted, processed, and stored on servers located outside Canada. Some of our service providers, rating agencies, and professional advisors, or your clients may be living in other countries. Obviously, your personal information may be accessed/handled by staff or service providers who are located in other countries and work under different laws.
Besides this international transmission of data and possible disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients, any service over the Internet may be subject to inherent security risks. Therefore, you should bear all the risks that may be involved in collecting, uploading, storing, or processing your personal or business profile or metrics and Corporatepedia shall not be held liable for any kinds of unauthorized access, interception, hacking, or otherwise disclosure of your personal information in relation to the Service being offered on this website.
Access and Correction
When you register on the website or subscribe to any service being offered on this website, it shall be deemed that the submitted information and personal/business profile are accurate, complete and updated, and you will keep it that way. You shall be entitled to access your submitted information we store on our servers and modify it when required.
Access and correction of your personal information shall be done through your account, but you may also submit a written request to our privacy officer for accessing, changing or removing your personal/business profile or any other information on the website/servers.
Subject to the applicable privacy laws, all changes or corrections to your personal information shall be made according to the relevant process and procedures, as determined by Corporatepedia.
Corporatepedia shall be entitled to impose a fee for disclosing, correcting, or handling your personal or business profile through the privacy officer. However, we may refuse to disclose the requested information if we believe that such disclosure is frivolous, unlawful, derogatory to any enforcement body, commercially sensitive to any decision-making process, and likely to violate any provision of the personal data protection act or undermine the life, health, safety, or privacy rights of other users.
Third Party Websites
Corporatepedia shall not be liable for any loss, damages, claims or consequences that may arise in relation to your access to third party websites or use of their product, services or content.
The Service is not intended for minors and we don’t collect any information from minors who are less than 13 years of age. If we believe or become aware that any minor under 13 has submitted his or her personal information on the website, we may purge such information from the website and servers in our sole discretion.
Privacy Rights to California Residents
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know about your personal information that we have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or otherwise, and can get the name and address of all such third parties with whom we have shared your personal information during the immediately preceding calendar year. However, you can make only one request in a year by sending your email to our privacy officer at [email protected]
If you feel that your privacy rights have been violated on this website, you can write to our privacy officer and register your complaint as mentioned in the Terms and Conditions for using the website. Once we receive your complaint, we shall initiate an inquiry into the matter and respond to you within 30 days of such receipt.