Your company cannot survive without a steady flow of customers. Therefore, it is essential to use efficient lead generation tactics to increase your customer base and sales. This blog entry will look at ten tried-and-true methods for bringing in more customers quickly and cost-effectively.
But first, to make sure we’re on the same page, let’s define email lead generation and why having a lead generation strategy is necessary.
What is email marketing lead generation?
Email lead generation is a way of gathering leads by using an opt-in email form. It all comes down to collecting more detailed information about potential clients, such as their names and email address.
However, an email lead generating strategy does not stop with the lead capture form. It also entails carefully nurturing leads to convert them into clients.
Why is a lead generation strategy necessary?
Having an email lead generation plan is critical for organisations to expand their customer base and increase sales. Without a strong lead generation strategy, your company will struggle to make sales and grow.
With the right lead generation strategy, you can foster your audience base and lure them to the ultimate conversion from a visitor to paying customer.
According to research, more than 48% of marketers believe that email marketing is the most successful technique for generating leads online.
So, a good lead generating plan can also help your company in the following ways:
- First, it enables you to focus and target your ideal customers.
- Second, it helps in increasing brand awareness.
- Third, more leads convert into more customers, resulting in more revenue.
Email marketing strategies for refined lead generation
Now that you know the cruciality of establishing a lead generation strategy for your company let’s look at the various methods to acquire fresh sales leads.
The ten email lead creation tactics listed below might help you generate a continuous supply of leads for your organisation.
1. Use lead scoring to maximise your efforts.
The potential to reach the appropriate individuals with the right message at the right time is an important component of marketing. Lead scoring can assist you in accomplishing this by ensuring that you acquire higher-quality prospects.
Lead score is a method of sorting and prioritising leads. It’s an efficient method for obtaining quality leads who are more likely to respond to your communications.
Email automation to score leads is one technique to leverage lead scoring in your marketing.
For example, suppose a potential buyer has already visited a specific product on your website. In that case, you are more likely to convert them with an attractive email that offers them a 25% discount on that product.
If the traffic (visitor) isn’t already on your list, you can take advantage of the situation by displaying an exit-intent popup as they leave the product page.
2. Create clear and concise emails
The design of your email is critical when it comes to lead generation. Emails should be clean and concise, and they should not be unduly long. Excessive detail in the design of the templates can detract from your message. Here are a few excellent practices to keep in mind when creating emails:
- Plain fonts: Your emails should be simple and straightforward. They should be simple to read. Therefore use simple typefaces.
- Simple Design: Select a clean, simple template design to make your emails easier to read. This will assist you in generating more leads.
- Text formatting: Use well-spaced, clear writing and emphasise vital information to make your email content as easy to absorb as possible for your subscribers.
- Clear CTA: Your call-to-action button should be easy to see and click on, especially mobile users.
3. Learn to use subject lines to catch people’s attention.
Thinking outside the box is critical to inspire curiosity or urgency to click. Use components such as bold, italic font, and emojis to direct your audience’s attention to the most crucial area of your email – the subject line.
This strategy can greatly improve the success of your email campaign by raising open email rates and, as a result, customer conversion rates.
For example, if you created a sports blog and had an email list of engaged contacts, you should focus heavily on current sports news to connect with your readership. In addition, you should offer a hint of curiosity to engage the subscribers to go even further.
As an example of a great sports blog topic line:
What Virat Kohli said during the game yesterday was shocking.
This is almost certainly going to be opened since people are interested in what Virat said, and if the whole body of the email is perfect, people will want to read the story.
4. Always include a clear call to action (CTA)
Every email should have a clear and compelling CTA that readers can easily act on. To include an effective CTA in your emails, employ innovative language to catch your readers’ attention and push them to work.
CTAs with an air of urgency, intrigue, or mystery are the most effective. They are difficult to ignore and encourage readers to take action, assisting you in increasing conversions.
Here are a few powerful ideas to help you get a greater response from your CTAs:
- Use action-oriented material: Use phrases such as “Get the Discount,” “Reserve Your Spot,” “Try for Free,” and so on to draw the reader in and push them to take action.
- Keep it brief: Keep your CTA wording to two to three words as a general guideline. You also can use up to five or six if required, but no more.
- Create urgency: Use terms like “Shop Now!” “3 Spots Left” and “60% Off Today Only” to instil urgency in your CTAs and increase click-through rates.
5. Make use of content upgrades and gated content.
You may use content upgrades and gated content to turn your most valuable material into an email gathering tool.
Gated content is content that your visitors can access only after providing their contact information. You can utilise gated content as a non-intrusive content upgrade to attract your users to subscribe to your email list.
For example, once a visitor reads a blog post, you can propose that they download a relevant article, ebook, report, etc.
In exchange for their email address, This will help you make more money blogging in the long run, but it will also help you create an email list in the short run.
This form of content is beneficial because it encourages lead generation. Because they are contextual and relevant, content improvements are very effective. Because the reader’s interest is predetermined, they are more likely to convert.
6. Make use of social media channels
Your social media networks can be an effective technique for growing your email list. For example, you can add a CTA to your profiles and schedule daily posts to help boost your free download and generate leads on autopilot.
You should promote your social accounts through your email list and your email list on social media. You will expand your social media audience and your email list this way. You can also attempt tools like Facebook marketing tools, Twitter marketing tools, and so on for the greatest outcomes on social media.
Here are a few more methods to use your social profiles to grow your email list:
- To increase traffic and viewership, add content improvements to your blog posts and promote them on Pinterest. I prefer Thrive Themes for this because it is the tool I use. You can read my full Thrive Themes review here.
- Also, add a sign-up button and opt-in form to your Facebook profile to give users even more ways to join your mailing list.
- To build your list faster, use promoted pins and Facebook advertisements.
- Include click-to-tweet buttons in your content upgrades so that subscribers can share your lead magnets with their networks, increasing your reach.
7. Make use of email automation
Email automation uses email software to deliver mass emails to certain recipients at specific times.
Automation enables you to automate your email marketing efforts and save up more of your time. Email automation also enables automatic personalisation, which aids in the improvement of email marketing.
Specific triggers can deliver the right emails to the right subscribers at the right time. For example, customers who perform any of the following could be potential triggers:
- Subscribe to your email list
- Purchase one of your products
- Sign up for a webinar.
- Sign up for a service
Email automation makes email one of the simplest and most successful lead-generating strategies.
8. Run a split test to boost open and click-through rates.
Split testing your emails is essential for improving your copy and approach. Still, there will always be room for improvement, and by testing several versions of your emails, you will be able to identify the top-performing emails to increase conversion rates.
Decide what you need to test for each email you wish to test. This could be elements such as the CTA, subject line, body text, graphics, or email message layout.
Once you’ve determined which parts to test first, you can start the test using the built-in AB testing features in your email marketing programme.
9. Provide useful content
Instead of delivering “fluff material” only to send an email, provide relevant, focused information to keep your email list subscribers interested.
Always emphasise value over anything else. To develop great content, identify your audience’s primary pain issues and generate intent-based content around them.
For example, suppose your audience’s largest difficulty is establishing a profitable online business. In that case, you could write high-quality material that answers “How to construct a successful site from scratch,” then divide it into portions and distribute it by email.
10. Reward current subscribers for recommendations.
Putting your current customers and subscribers to work for you is one of the best strategies to generate leads for your business.
To encourage your present subscribers to suggest their friends to your email list, offer attractive benefits. This is easier than convincing them to refer clients to buy your stuff.
If you give an attractive reward, such as a slight discount on a future purchase or a comparative advantage, you are more likely to experience more conversions. In addition, if you provide a valuable service, your subscribers will eagerly refer your list to their circle of family and friends.
Finally, I strongly advise you to regularly download the contacts to your PC with whichever email database you create. Although many email systems have their databases, I do this myself to ensure that I have a copy in case your platform has problems. If that redundancy fails, you can restore your data using recovery software as it did for me earlier.
Each of the ten techniques listed above is effective over time, especially for small and medium-sized businesses. So, implement them in your email marketing and start expanding your customer base.